Monday, March 10, 2008

One of the best days of the year.

There is just something awesome about riding your bike with 4-5 foot snow banks on the side of the road. Makes you feel tough. In my opinion, one of the best days of the year is when you get to ride outside and get off the trainer. I was not the only one with this idea. I counted 54 cyclists in Emigration Canyon, everyone seemed pretty happy. I rode farther and harder than "the plan" called for, but it was great. I was 5 minutes off my PR from the "Slide Area" sign at the bottom to the yellow gaurd rail at the summit, so there is some work to do, but mostly is was fun just to get out and enjoy the extra added hour of sun, thanks to an early DST. Even made it home in the daylight. I have to admit that I am sad to see the snow melt. I would like to get out and ski some more, but the trade offs will be abundant as hiking, Mtn. biking and all the other stuff that clutters my garage can come out and play. See you at the summit.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Man, I'm jealous. You're out riding and I'm cramming genetics and pharmacology. Someday..... I've already promised myself a new (read Dura Ace equipped) bike as a post residency present. I wish there were good roads here (and time to ride).