Thursday, July 19, 2012

#3 Mount Aire 7/18/2012

Why is it such a struggle to wake up on Summer mornings?  I get up regularly at 5-5:15 from October through June.  Summer comes and it feels like I am lucky to get out of bed by 8am.  This is so counter intuitive to me.  It is warm, light and wonderful.  And I struggle every morning to get out of bed.  This morning is no exception.  My alarm was set for 5:30am.  I got out of bed the first time at 6am to get Jonas out of bed for swim practice and then got my lazy butt out of bed and out the door to the trail head by 6:30.  My favorite comment of the morning after Melissa tried unsuccessfully to kick me out of bed the second time, "Why do you set the alarm so early if you never get out of bed?  It always wakes me up."  Well you know what road is paved with good intentions?  It feels sometimes like I am heading down that road.  Anyway, I got out of bed, out the door and up Millcreek Canyon for the latest summit on the quest for 40.  It amazes me that I can be in the mountains in 3 miles and totally alone in 5.  I love it.

Nothing too funny/exciting or awesome happened on this trip.  It was quiet, cool, no wind and beatiful.  The only thing I heard was the birds and my heart beat.  A good way to start the day. 

Time up:  56 minutes
Time down: 32 minutes
Elevation 8621(1900 ft gain)
Mileage Round Trip: A little over 4

Here are a few pictures: 

Coming up the the trail form the trail head at the elbow.  Very green and lush.



At the shoulder.

 Birds eye view. 
 Map view.
 At the summit looking west.  Church Fork Peak down ridge and Grandeur in the distance.
 Looking North East.  I-80
 Me at summit.
Karin at top that indicates the summit.














No comments: