Tuesday, August 7, 2012

#4 Millvue Peak - 7/21/12




A simple update. I ran up Milvue Peak.  You start at the "Elbow" in Millcreek Canyon at the Mt. Aire trail head.  The trail splits, you go to Lambs Canyon Pass.  What I am finding is that on my Wasatch Mountain Club topo map any trail that is marked with "H" for "Historic" = Bushwack.  I am good with that.  Makes me feel like I am taking the road less traveled. 



 A nice shot heading up the non "historic" trail to Lambs Canyon Pass.  I love Aspen stands.
  

One of the genetic traits that I picked up from my grandfather Homer is that I like to take pictures of butterflies and flowers.  Weird, I know.  I think Homer took a picture of every flower he ever came across.  He was a fantastic photographer.  It has been great running in Millcreek.  There have been thousands of butterflies.  As you run down the trail, they come up all around you.  Pretty cool.  These stood still long enough for me to snap a photo.


Orange Butterfly











Black and White Butterflys
View looking NW.  Mt Aire on the right of the picture.















Approaching the summit.  Wildflowers in full bloom.















Proof. 8,926 feet.

Carin at the summit.

I figured out that the reason they call it Milvue is that it looks right down the center of Millcreek Canyon.

No comments: