Sunday, September 9, 2012

Kings Peak Day #4 7/28/12

4th and final day - Heading home. While we were having fun, it was time to go home.  We had 13 miles from camp to the trail head.  It was down hill and oxygenated.  We felt good.
Sunrise.
If you enlarge this picture, it was our breakfast entertainment.  A herd of mountain goat moving up these cliffs.  It was amazing.  I was glad I took my binoculars. 

Heading off.  Right at the tree line.  11,200ft.

Pretty picture.

Dropping back down to the meadow.


Andrew and John have always been great friends.  Thought this photo encompasses a lifetime of friendship.


No it is not a swan in the wilderness.  But if i were writing some kind of mystery it would be a place marker.  "The Swan and the Stones. 




Shadow Man.  Also a character in the mystery.
Crossing the river.  We look very adventurous, don't we?
Eddie.

Rob.

Johnny.

Chad.

Geoff.

Shawn.

Chad impersonating a turtle.  I mean doing some yoga to flush out the toxins. 

Beautiful skies.
River.  2 miles from the car.
Moose.  In full disclosure.  I didn't even see this wild beast.  Photo credit to either Chad or Geoff.



We made it.  40 miles.  4 days.  Feeling very smug.





John is always very polite.  Raising his hand to ask if we could stop and get milkshakes.  Andrew, has never lost his inner 12 year old. 
Rob, thinking of french fries.
Chad only nearly killed us twice on the ride home.  Pretty good for him. 
I think this sums it up.  We were ready to be home. 
I hope a dude adventure becomes an annual tradition.  Up next, Wind Rivers?  Moab?  Grand Canyon?  The committee is open for discussion.  Thanks to my friends that helped me celebrate at my birthday party.  It was awesome.

No comments: