Thursday, July 22, 2010

07/22/2010 Capitol Loop in Salt Lake City, UT

Date: July 22, 2010
Distance: 22
July Distance: 706

MapMyRide - 07/22/2010 Capitol Loop in Salt Lake City, UT

Clearly the answer to get me out the door in the morning is to have the day and night packed full. Today is the promise of boating in the evening. I don't want to be the guy that says "Hey kids, no fun family time on the boat today, Dad has to go ride his bike."

Out the door, Need to be done in and hour and 15, bout 24 miles, so I shoot off for the capitol. Always a fun ride. Love the view from 11th Ave, downtown, 2nd Ave, U, home. I remember back in my pre LOTOJA life when this was a challenging ride. Now it is a easy ride day. I love getting better at stuff.

The reward for a morning ride is boating. Getting the legs in the cool water actually feels really good.

Samantha is now up and skiing unassisted. Awesome. Notice the glassy water.


Food and "chillin" are a big part of our boat life.


Amelia enjoying a pull on the tube.


Notice on this picture the failure of another goal from the beginning of the summer. I was going to try for the "no farmer tan, line tan in 2010" Decided this is impossible while riding a bike. My arms, just to my wrists and my knees only are very tan. Other wise, white. As seen below.

Next year the goal will be to surf. Lots. Worth getting up for. Anyone want to go boating with us?