Tuesday, July 20, 2010

7/20/2010 TC/and Emigration Canyon

Date: July 20, 2010
Distance: 34
July Distance: 646
Partner: Focus

MapMyRide - View Workout Details

So I didn't get up. Surprise. Seems the pattern if I ride the night before, very difficult to get up the next morning and ride. Anyway, rode with Jonas over the Swim team at the Tennis Club (hey, miles are miles, I am counting it). On the way back determined we can do better in our neighborhood with getting to swim workout. Saw Dunfords, Strongs and Stringhams all driving. We should at least car pool. Kids should all be riding over in a peleton.

Went to work, had all day to think about my ride after feeling strong in my personal time trial yesterday I think it is time to do a fitness test: Emigration Canyon. Off I go. Wait, legs a little tired, take some time to get a good warm-up. Then at the the base of canyon, very little wind, good day to go for a time. Into the canyon and I can feel the air temp drop a good 10 degrees. Feel very steady. My first "time check" is Cromptons (it will always be Cromptons to me). 20:10 - 2 minutes faster than last time. Good. Elbow: 25:15, still two minutes up, feel pretty good, time to hammer the last 1.5 miles, which is steep. Time at base of last turn: 32:10, my goal time for the summit this year. Top out at 34:36, 2.5 minutes faster than last week. 2.5 minutes to go. Always a good ride.

No comments: