Friday, July 23, 2010

07/23/2010 Old Mill/wasatch/shoreline/marsh/home in Salt Lake City, UT

Date: July 23, 2010
Distance: 24
July Distance: 730

MapMyRide - 07/23/2010 Old Mill/wasatch/shoreline/marsh/home in Salt Lake City, UT

Today was good. I took the day off work in observance of Pioneer Day. Seriously, I love Utah. Really, what the day turned into was, "do every chore that you have neglected for the past 4 weeks because you are either on your bike or at work or its Wednesday Day. Mowed the lawn (first time since Summer Solstice in the back, Melissa mowed it once in the front. First time in our marriage). Taught Jonas and Robbie to wash cars (and they thought they were playing video games after swimming). This is a good deal. Got the Audi, Suburban and VW clean. They did a really nice job.


Fixed the blinds, cleaned the garage, organized the workroom, helped finish and fold laundry, cleaned kitchen, water dead flower and grass extensively, played with dog, swept, cleaned girls room (Oh my!), replaced broken porch swing, affixed new license plate to VW. Appropriate, I believe.


Some of these chores are my household responsibility, some are "make-up chores" after Melissa had the "When did we turn into white trash conversation?" Simple answer. July 1st.

Anyway after a long day of work, kids wanted to go to the pool, sure, I'll meet you there. Head out about 7pm, get a text that a kid at TC has hit head on diving board, off to the Marshes. Swim. The best part of the day, we are leaving at the same time, I say "I'll race you home" Kids think this is an easy win. I beat em, fair and square. Sometimes the breakaway stays away. And yes, I gave the two arm overhead salute as I finished. The kids were amazed..... occasional power of dad.

No comments: