Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Road to 1000 Miles

My training has been good this season (from January 2010), had a great St George Tri, etc, but June has been a little rough. I have had work commitments, Pioneer Trek, Summer Solstice, Scout Camp, just to name a few. So I have 2 primary goals for the remainder of the season. 1) Finish LOTOJA for a 5th time as an individual and 2) Don't puke anywhere on course or after at LOTOJA (I have puked twice, Rob will attest). So in other words, finish strong. For this to happen I need to have an awesome July. So....... my goal for July is to ride 1000 miles. Up, down, all around. Follow me, cheer for me, ride with me, I have to average just under 40 miles a day. Doable, but a challenge.

With the Tour under way, I am also going to try and match the elevation profiles of each days Stage. Obviously, I will scale the distance back anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2.

I really have an awesome wife. Who will hopefully ride with me a couple of times.

No comments: