Wednesday, July 7, 2010

7/72010 Sneaker Ride

Date: 7/7/2010
Location: Home
Distance:24
July Distance: 290
Ride companion: My thoughts


MapMyRide - 07/07/2010 Millcreek rd/Wasatch/Mouth of Little/Holladay in Salt Lake City, UT

This ride is affectionately a "sneaker." I blew off my morning alarm for a ride when I awoke to howling canyon winds. Not physically and more importantly mentally ready for wind right at the moment. Scared from my ride around Bear Lake from last week. So I have to admit the stars aligned a little when my afternoon meeting ended a little early and I realized I could get out for a little, thereby getting some miles. So I did, before I had to go to Young Mens. It was hot, a little windy, but always does my soul good when I make it out the Cottonwood Canyons. Just to the base of Little. Had to turn left when I got here:



Kind of a bummer. Love Little. But as I was coming around the corner, got a great view of the valley.



It's amazing the things you can see within a 30 minute radius on a bike ride from home.

Also, made it home in time for a hose shower, quick change and then some rock climbing with the YM. I love Utah.

No comments: